Sunday, March 2, 2014

Still working on the Bouncing Baby Set........

Well, I'm getting better at it but still doing something wrong.  I found another video on You Tube that helped me a lot to identify what stitches to pick up around the tab to form the foot.  http://mercedesknits.com/2012/02/01/tutorial-how-to-pick-up-on-garter-stitch-edge/.  It still doesn't look right to me but I'm learning.  Something else I'm learning is the weight of the yarn makes a big difference!  The pattern called for a fingering weight yarn.  According to this chart, that's what I used in my last attempt.  As you can see the results in my previous post....not too good.
                                     
The legging above is made on #3 needles with light worsted yarn and it seems so much better and so much easier to work with.  Wish mom was here to help.  There's a local knitting group at the library (wonder if I could get them to help me lol).  Anyway, getting tired of the leggings.....going to move onto the bonnet.  I was kinda wishing the BIG snowstorm they were predicting (TITAN)  was going to snow me in so I would have nothing else to do but knit lol.  They were predicting 12" at first here in PA, then 4-6".  No such luck!  So far we got just 2".  Only 17 more days to spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment