Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Learning to use Double Pointed Needles


I woke up at 2 am this morning and couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to learn how to use double pointed needles.  Seems there are A LOT of different techniques. So many videos on You Tube.

After playing around with different ways to knit on dpn, I like the one in this video.  You cast all the stitches on one needle, then knit them off to the other needles.  Once they are equally divided on the needles, you join by grabbing the tail and knitting in the tail.  Of all the techniques The one in this video at the link below is the easiest for me and it seemed to join the stitches from each needle the best.
http://youtu.be/5F1El_m_A-M


Here are the results of my first try at knitting with double pointed needles:
I know exactly what I want to make!  Have to take a little nap (it's now 9:30 am) then go find the perfect yarn.....does the time change affect anyone else this way?  I get so mixed up.  Wish they would leave it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment