Saturday, February 5, 2022

Easy Winter Children’s hat






I needed a quick winter hat to make for my grand kids, for when they visit.  Their grand pa, that they call Beep, loves to take them outside.  

This pattern is such a good idea! Instead of crocheting stitches into a magic circle.  You crochet rows into the circle 😳.  Which makes this hat come together very fast.  I got the pattern at richtexturescrochet.com



I used Bernat Softee yarn, I had on hand, to make this one.  That was a mistake!  Was too soft and lost its shape very fast.  Bold by Sugar Bush yarn was used by richtexturescrochet.com  I couldn’t get it at my local fabric store, so I bought Lion Bran Wool Ease to make my next hat. Made a much nicer hat.  So be careful what yarn you choose, because there’s no band on this hat to keep its shape.

When making the hat for my 10 month old grandchild, the 12-24 month instructions made a good fit.  The instructions for child fit the 3 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment